Best PS4 Games 2018
It’s been almost 5 years since the PS4 came out, and since then it has successfully built an impressive library of hundreds, if not thousands, of games. From the PS4 exclusives, to third-party games, there have been many experiences that would always be in the minds of gamers worldwide.
We have managed to select the best of the best, the most amazing of the PS4 and PS4 Pro games.
God Of War
God Of War is a PS4 exclusive by Sony. That means, you can only play it on the PS4, not on any other platform. And if you have played it on the PS4 Pro, you know that the game has absolutely fantastic graphics and one of the best gameplays we have ever seen. Out of the eight stunning games to be released in the God of War series, debuted in 2005, it is unarguably the best of the all.
The combat was unforgettable, the story of Kratos and his son, Atreus, getting closer as a father and son after the mother’s death, the sound scores and one of the most creative environments in any games. We would highly recommend buying this game to all PS4 owners.
- Kratos has a new weapon, the Levaithon Axe, which is a dream come true.
- The world is incredibly beautiful
- Easy yet satisfying combat system
- Almost 50+ hours of gameplay
- Excellent depth to combat by character upgrades
- One of the most intriguing story by far
- No load screens
- A very subtle change of pace, which would be obsolete to most players.
- The boss battles are not as overwhelming like the previous games with gigantic bosses.
- The ending won’t be everyone’s cup of tea.
God Of War is surely one of the Best PS4 Games of 2018!
Marvel’s Spider-Man is a very much awaited game of 2018, and adds to the grand collection of the exclusives by Sony. Comic book fans will begin to look all starry eyed at Insomniac’s beautiful rendition of Spidey’s Manhattan, yet fans expecting the next God of War may get themselves somewhat disappointed.
All things considered, there’s a great deal to appreciate here. It’s uncomplicated fun, and it will be definitely very interesting defeating the many many enemies the web-slinger has, swinging around the city or even simply pelting around at great speeds hoovering up collectibles.
- Swinging to every part of the city feels unbelievable
- Comic fans’ beloved Spidey-quips
- Fan service
- Punching with web
- The game sometimes forces us to be stealthy
- The rewards for collecting collectibles does not feel good enough.
Marvel’s Spider Man is certainly one of the Best PS4 Games of 2018!
Far Cry 5
The most recent addition to Ubisoft’s Far Cry series is everything we hoped for. Set in fictional Hope County, Montana, Far Cry 5 makes them play as a Deputy who winds up against Eden’s Gate. This monstrous cult has subjugated the entire county into mindless slaves willing to complete their each wish.
At the front of this wonder is the Seed Family, a group of four insane, powerful villains who you’ll need to defeat on your experience. They all have outstanding narrations and dialogues with amazing delivery, regardless of whether their motives remain somewhat tangled.
- Extreme combat in amazing scenery
- Four incredible villains, unique and crazy in their own way
- More immersive and natural than past Far Cry games
- An impressive collection of animal and human allies make the game that much fun
- Sometimes adopts the same templates of the previous Far Cry games
- Tends to lose pace when the Seeds aren’t in the spotlight
Far Cry 5 is certainly one of the Best PS4 Games of 2018!
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
This independent Uncharted experience stars Chloe Frazer and Nadine Ross as they traverse the world in search of an antiquated fortune. In spite of being outside the primary series, The Lost Legacy is similarly as wonderful and furious as the others. Following on from the stellar Uncharted 4, this is an ordeal you can’t miss.
Stuart Andrews loved it, granting Lost Legacy 10/10 in his review: “To my mind, this isn’t merely one of the best games of the summer, but one of the season’s best blockbusters in any media. If Naughty Dog wants to leave the series here, it’s hard to grumble, but let’s hope it doesn’t. Right now, more Uncharted seems like anything but a bad idea.”
Obviously, as a Sony’s exclusive for PS4, this game takes full use of the PS4 Pro, with 4K visuals and HDR.
- A similar awesome Uncharted gameplay
- Chloe and Nadine make awesome heroes
- Shocking visuals
- Enormous set-pieces and smart world design
- You will definitely be wanting more after this
- Hardly any “spectacle” minutes
- New heroes never fully act as a group, Ridiculous plotting and landscape biting enemy, Weak AI makes firefights feel like monotonous errands, Even the “exciting” bits feel unsurprising and well-worn now
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Witcher 3 has turned into a definitive RPG – the one which should be the yardstick for measuring others. For one, this is the biggest, and most intriguing open world we’ve at any point seen. Additionally, it also makes up for being one of the best by having a great storyline, journeys and in-game games that makes that world an amazingly convincing place to exist in.
This is the GTA 5 of sword and witchcraft, so be set up to sink a great deal of hours into this game.
- Gigantic, cognizant and immersive game world
- Gaming systems and storyline both feel very engaging
- Flawlessly rendered characters and landscape
- Packed with fascinating missions, side-journeys and objectives
- Geralt is a more developed and thoughtful lead
- Gauge range becomes tricky in combat sometimes.
- Loading times are very long
- Although the combat is very much improved since the first game, it is still quirky and so so
- Sometimes, the framerate per second rate drops.
The Witcher 3 is surely one of the Best PS4 Games of 2018!
The Last of Us Remastered
The Last of Us was beyond any doubt, the best game on PS3, and its remaster still stands tall as a standout amongst other PS4 games you can purchase. The remaster brings refreshed designs, including HDR support and 4K upscaling for PS4 Pro. There are additionally graphical enhancements, expanded draw distance, better combat system and higher framerate. Besides there’s the basically eminent photograph mode, which we trust improves any game.
This release additionally has the dazzling Left Behind DLC included, which takes after Ellie in her own special story. With The Last of Us Part 2 soon to be released, there’s no better time to bounce in and acclimate yourself with the game that began everything.
- Compelling storytelling and immersive gameplay
- Upgraded graphics and very smooth frame rates
- Includes the Left Behind DLC
- Factions multiplayer mode works better
- Graphical enhancements are not as good as you might expect
- Not much reason to buy if you have already played it
The Last Of Us Remastered is surely one of the Best PS4 Games of 2018!
Horizon Zero Dawn
Horizon Zero Dawn is basically the most exquisite console game we have seen. Regardless of whether you’re gaming on PS4 or PS4 Pro, it’s an excellent title that should be seen to know what the hype is about. It also has one of the best HDR use in any games.
Similarly, Guerrilla Games has similarly delivered a great deal more: Horizon is a fascinating story told with a very amazingly fulfilling gameplay. As Aloy, you will take to this magnificent open world, bow and arrows as your weapon, and hunt down most ferocious of predators. It’s a much enjoyable game and an unquestionably perfect purchase for PS4 players.
- Unarguably the most beautiful console game ever made
- Tons of objectives besides the main storyline so you won’t get bored
- The story is simply very compelling
- Like many other open world games, some visual angles have not been perfected. The most observable is dialogue. Syncing up mouth and sound can be tricky even from a pessimistic standpoint, and some facial expressions can spoil the mood at once, breaking the fantastic experience.
- Stealth can be shallow.
- The waypoint system can be a pain for sure
Horizon Zero Dawn is surely one of the Best PS4 Games of 2018!
Another PS4 exclusive elite and another totally unique gaming experience by Sony. Bloodborne hails as the sequel to the Souls series by FromSoftware. It’s tough, very rewarding and top notch since it’s release in 2014.
The game has a third-person perspective. Players control an adaptable hero, and gameplay is centered around weapons-based battles and exploring. Players combat a variety of enemies, including bosses, using objects, for example, swords and guns, and travel through the story, exploring the game’s large map, communicating with NPCs, gathering collectibles associated with the story, and finding and unwinding the world’s numerous puzzles.
In case you like your games to be extremely tough and by unrivaled triumph, you have to purchase Bloodborne. The best part is the game is that currently it is completely free on PlayStation Plus, so don’t miss the great opportunity.
FromSoftware recently unveiled the sequel to Bloodborne: Shadows Die Twice, make this a fantastic time to play this game.
- Graphics are amazing
- Leveling system has less futile details)
- Tricky weapons make it fun
- Firefights feel greatly balanced
- The healing feature is a job well done
- Weapon Upgrade system is top notch
- Quicker, evasion-based fighting style
- Not a variety of weapons
- Enemies don’t drop equipments
- Less variety of spells
Bloodborne is one of the Best PS4 Games 2018!
We hope you enjoyed our guide! Please let us know your thoughts in the comments section down below! Also subscribe to The Limitless Gamer for more gaming articles!